Friday, December 01, 2006

Tenacious D

The Sundance Film Festival's lineup has been released. There are about 18 movies that interest me on logline alone. I don't need 18 more movies to want to see. I'll wait and see what the word on all of them are, and we'll go from there.

I saw Tenacious D yesterday. If you don't know who Tenacious D, that is shocking. It is the comedic band formed by Jack Black and Kyle Gass. They sing about being the greatest band in the world, and their songs are pretty funny. This movie is about how they came to be.

I don't really have much to say about it. I thought it was going to be terrible at first with the opening segment which consisted of animated Tenacious D flying around on the power of their farts. However, the movie doesn't wallow in embarassingly bad toilet humor. That's not to say it's brilliant. It's an alright movie. It wasn't hysterical, it had its moments. Can't really say much more.

I would have to give Tenacious D a Vivacious C. HAHAHAH.

Have a great weekend everyone, I'll be back next week with my review for For Your Consideration and Bobby. In the meantime, go watch a good movie, not a romantic comedy. Or the Rise of Taj. Or Nativity Story or Turistas. If you are going to go to a movie this weekend, look no farther than The Fountain or something that isn't crap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home