Thursday, May 10, 2007

UPdate

Man, I haven't posted since the Scifi Marathon, but I have not stopped seeing movies.

Lets see...

most recently I saw Vacancy, with Kate Beckinsale and Luke Wilson. This was a short 80 minutes long, but for the most part, it was enjoyable and intense. It becomes more vanilla as it continues, but to begin, it's a truly great scary movie. I absolutely loved when they first got to the hotel, there was something so REAL about it. Basically, they've just gotten into their room, and someones pounding on their door from the room next door. It's before the two heroes know they're meant to be part of a snuff film, and it's a lot of fun to watch, but also scary because you don't know just what is going on. It's still a quick fun movie, but I'd say wait for the rental.

Hot Fuzz was amazing, no Shaun of the Dead, but still just as brilliant at dissecting and making fun of a genre.

I still haven't seen Spider-Man 3, though I hope to within a few days.

I saw Fracture, which, for all it's great acting, turned to absolute crap. It was interesting and involving, and then suddenly the film treats the audience like a 12 year old, spelling out all the mystery of the movie with laughably obvious scenes. Definitely should be skipped.

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

spider man 3 was disappointing to me... too much movie, not enough comic book

hot fuzz i enjoyed greatly, although i'm a stickler for the british humour

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger JeffGalley said...

yeah i'm liking hot fuzz more and more in retrospect...

i'll go into spider-man 3 a bit more in a mini review, but i didn't mind it so much. i DID lower my expectations greatly after reading a number of reviews, but i agree with the movie really leaving behind the comic book and getting deep into melodrama. do they really think people are going there to see the love triangle?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home