Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Bobby and some other stuff

I have had the hardest time making up a long, in-depth review of Bobby, and have failed. However, I still want to recommend it highly. It is shocking that Emilio Estevez wrote and directed this movie, as I can only think of him as Coach Bombay on Mighty Ducks. This movie was incredibly powerful, if a bit too big. There are TOO many characters, too much going on, and a little too much melodrama packed in there. However, this is still a very very good movie, and like I said before, I recommend it.

I think I am going to change my mind and actually go see Dreamgirls when it comes out. This type of movie is getting overdone. I understand that this is based off of a Broadway musical, and that it is itself a musical, and only somewhat based off of Diana Ross and the Supremes, but this formula is getting tiring. You know what is going to happen by seeing the previews, which gives the whole plot away. However, I keep reading great reviews, especially for the performances of Eddie Murphy and Jennifer Hudson. It is the favorite to win the Oscar this year, and it would be foolish not to see it. I saw all the Oscar nominees last year before the ceremony, which made the Crash win all that much harder to swallow. I think because of it's early great reviews, and how powerful everyone says it is, I will see it now.

I have some more reviews coming soon, so stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home